This week Eric Ligman (Director of Partner Experience For Microsoft) published an up to date listing of 85 free Microsoft eBooks.
The areas covered include Windows 7, Windows 8 Apps, Office 2010, Security on the Internet, Office 2013 as well as more business/programmer oriented subjects e.g. Sharepoint, SQL Server etc.
The format of the eBooks varies – they are available in PDF format but some have alternative format options if you prefer e.g. MOBI, EPUB, DOC or XPS. All the eBooks are available for free download now from Eric’s blog.
The first set of 65 includes the following which may be of general interest:
- Windows 7 Power Users Guide
- What You Can Do Before Calling Tech Support (Windows 7)
- Microsoft Office 2010 First Look
- Security and Privacy for Office 2010 Users
- Windows Live Movie Maker in the Classroom
- Free Tools in the Classroom
- Programming Windows Phone 7
Downloads available here. The second set of 20 includes the following which may be of general interest:
- Own Your Space – Digital Book For Teens (privacy/security on the internet)
- Office 365 Guides for professionals and small businesses
Downloads available here.
These collections offer some very useful free eBooks for the general user and a host of more technical eBooks aimed at businesses, schools and developers.