Easily Change File Attributes With Attribute Changer
Or you might have a work/college report where you want to pretend that you worked on it earlier than you did ;-)
Attribute Changer is a free but powerful utility to quickly and easily modify file dates and timestamps – as well as the Windows read-only, system and hidden status flags.
The program is a Windows Explorer add-on. Once installed it is available as a menu option when you right click on the file(s) or folder(s) you want to change. Main features include:
- Right-click add-on for Windows Explorer – seamless integration
- Change standard Windows attributes (read-only, system, hidden, etc.)
- Modify date and time stamps (Created, Modified, Accessed)
- Modify photo date and time stamps (EXIF information)
- Synchronize date and time stamps
- Partial date and time stamp updates
- Relative date and time adjustments e.g. 1 week ago
- Randomize date and time stamps
- Filters to exclude files and folders
- Realtime reporting (simple and detailed)
- Simulation mode – lets you see the effect of the changes before you apply them
- Complete PDF user manual with tutorials – select the About tab then the Help button
- ‘Recurse Folders’ option – allows you to process sub-folders at the same time as the folder you selected
Download Attribute Changer
The program requires XP SP3, Vista or Windows 7 – both 32bit and 64bit versions supported and there is multiple language support.
Download Attribute Changer 7.10a from the developer here.
For more advanced use it is worth reading the PDF user manual – from within Attribute Changer, select the About tab then the Help button.
Attribute Changer is a free and powerful utility which provides a quick and simple way to change date of creation of files individually or in batches, as well as EXIF data and Windows attributes.
Simulation mode is a nice bonus as you can see the changes before you apply them.