TechLogon is a technology blog offering tech news, hardware and software reviews, computer help and tips.
Although we may offer links to downloads on other sites, we do not host downloads on this site or offer paid assistance – just honest advice and guidance.
Who Owns This Site?
Hi! My name is Roy and I am the owner of a UK computer repairs business in Scunthorpe.
I started the TechLogon website back in 2011 as a way to offer advice and help to my customers. The site quickly expanded to become a popular independent tech site covering a wide range of topics.
After graduating, I gained a Masters degree in IT & Systems Development, followed by 25 years working in the ever changing world of computer systems.
For the first 12 of those years I worked in a multinational company on their in-house computers systems, then changed direction to work for an IT Services provider with much more external client contact.
11 years ago I took the plunge and started my own Computer Repair and Consultancy business, catering for both consumers and business clients.
My job roles over the years have been varied – I’ve worked as a Programmer, Systems Developer, Systems Analyst, Project Manager and, of course, am now a Business Owner.
More recently I have added Website Development and SEO skills to my portfolio so I now also enjoy working for several Small Business clients in the US, helping to improve their websites and marketing.
How To Use This Site
There are several ways of finding information that may be relevant to you:
- Select the most appropriate one of the ‘Category’ tabs at the top of the site to browse through the articles in that category
- Use the ‘Search’ box near the top right of the site to search for articles of particular relevance – single word searches are most effective e.g. ‘router’ or ‘ printer’
Do I have to register?
No – site registration is not necessary. All the articles on this site are publicly accessible to anyone.
Do you have paid/premium content?
No – this is a free site and I want to keep it that way.
How Can I Support The Site?
You can help by:
- Spreading the word. Use the social media buttons at the bottom of each article to share an article with your friends and followers. Or include a link to our site in your blog, forum, website or newsgroup
- Bookmark us or subscribe to our RSS feed or follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
- Commenting. I love to get feedback – good or bad, it all helps!
- Donating. If you’d like to help support the site, I have a Donate page to accept donations via Paypal – your support is much appreciated!
- Contact us. I’m always interested in suggestions or tips on how to improve the website.